Sunday, April 26, 2020

Ophthalmology

The purpose I share my medical syllabus during my era is to help me know the topic should I revise during my free time to improve my medical knowledge and to give an idea for future medical students about the topic they would learn in medical school.

Topic of Ophthalmology discussed during my time in Medical School:

A. LECTURE:
1. 5th semester:
a. Special Senses System:
- Eyelid disorder: Chalazion, hordeolum, entropion, extropion, blepharitis, eyelid retraction, eyelid laceration
- Infection of outer part of eyeball: Conjuctivitis (allegic, viral, bacterial), foreign body in conjunctiva, pinguecula, pterygium, sub-conjunctival hemorrhage, keratitis and corneal ulcer, scleritis, episcleritis
- Refractive error: Hypermetropia, myopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, anisometropia, low vision
- Visual and visual fields disorders: Amblyopia, Diplopia, supression of eye, night-blindness, scotoma, hemianopia-bitemporan-homonimous visual field loss, loss of vision and blindness, strabismus, cataract, glaucoma, hyphaema, hypopion, ocular trauma
- Contact lens and refractive surgery (Lasix, clear lens extraction, Phakic intra-ocular lenses, radical keratotomy, photo-refractive keratectomy, lamellar keratoplasty)
- Retina and vitreous disorder: Optic neuritis, pigmentous retinitis, central retinal artery occlusion, central retinal vein occlusion, hypertensive retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy, ablation of the retina, vitreous hemorrhage
- Uveitis and endophthalmitis
- Ocular tumor
- Nutritional eye disorder: Xeropthalmia

2. 6th semester:
a. Emergency Medicine:
- Ophthalmologic emergencies: Ocular trauma, hifema, corneal ulcer, acute glaucoma, endophthalmitis, retinal ablation

3. 7th semester:
a. Tropical Medicine:
- Tropical infection involving eye

B. SKILLS LABORATORY (OSCE):
1. 5th semester:
a. Special Senses System:
- History taking in eye disease



*This medical syllabus copied and edited from 1 manual book for 5th semester medical student, 1 manual book for 6th semester medical student and 1 manual book for 7th semester medical student from my university during my era. 
**The topic currently discussed in my university may different from this syllabus due to progression of medical knowledge and improvement of quality for medical syllabus based on my university assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment